Monday, January 16, 2012

A Work in Progress

This is the first blog entry that I have ever written.  To be completely honest, I am not entirely sure what a blog is.  I do know that it's a web-based journal.  I am confident that I'll know more by the end of a few more classes.  I hear words like blog, wiki, podcast and tweet everyday.  I know the basic function or use of these things but putting them to use for my own educational success is something very much new to me.

I'm not an old, grumpy man longing for the days of the typewriter and the rotary telephone.  I am 34 and use Facebook to keep tabs on my Army friends that are all over the world.  Twitter to me is something for famous people.  I am open to learning more about Twitter and its purpose.  I do grow tired of texting and the very annoying and lazy acronyms that are widely used with social media.


 This class will hopefully help me navigate through the world of social media and its positive and constructive uses.  I hope to build skills that will enable me to communicate productively and with purpose.  My social media skill level right now is limited to "checking in" with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment