Friday, April 13, 2012

Going viral...it's worth a shot

Nice title eh? Well Bennett Olson would probably like it. Whose Bennett you ask?  Oh some guy who spent $300 to have his "Hire Me" ad rotate on a billboard going into downtown Minneapolis on Wednesday.  While it wasn't something I personally saw and while I wouldn't exactly call it viral compared to what we read about in this week's readings, it is getting his name out there.

I personally was made aware of this on a segment I saw on the 6:30pm KSTP news on Friday.  While Bennett only paid for the ad to run for 24 hours, others have picked up on it.  Here is a link from Google News using Bennett Olson for a search term.  Nothing from KSTP, but KMSP has a story along with a couple of other news organizations.

I wish him my luck.  He's got a great website.  Not much experience but his desire says a lot and and I may even copy a couple of his ideas.



1 comment:

  1. brilliant. that's a great potential value for that kind of exposure. we might have to steal that as well.

    ReplyDelete