Friday, April 27, 2012

Pinterest too public?

I, like many, have a Pinterest account. I resisted for a long time, neither taking the time to learn more about it or to express an interest in any of my friends' pages. But eventually I succumbed to peer pressure and went to sign up. After being put on a waiting list (well, I never!) I eventually got the email ALLOWING me to sign up, and have since begun "pinning." I only just got it a week or so ago, so it's pretty bare.

You can see it here (warning: some boards may NSFW)

Now, while I'm mostly using it for decor ideas, I did want to use it for posting pictures that would help me visualize elements in stories that I write. However I decided against it due to the public nature of the site. Then I found this article on Pinry, a site similar to Pinterest that allows you to post private content. While I haven't used it myself, it sounds like a decent idea. My only beef is, if you want it private, why not just save it on a personal folder. I suppose keeping it on the internet saves you from possibly losing the information or taking up hard drive space. I don't know though, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment