Friday, April 13, 2012

'Great Value' Doesn't Bring Together a Community

I meant to post this forever ago when it was more relevant to what we were talking about, but whatever. Apparently, this "cash mob" concept has made its way to the twin cities-- not that's it too surprising. Since blogger Chris Smith started the first movement in Buffalo, NY back in August of 2011, people have been quick to get on board.

In fact, just about every state has at least one organized cash mob collective (find them here). According to the story, the local cash mob started with only 6 people who all knew each other and now it's sort of become its own monster. They've been fortunate enough to gather a large following with the help of their Facebook and Twitter pages. I was checking out their Facebook events and they're actually having a cash mob event tomorrow at noon at "I Like You" on 1st Ave-- I'd go if I didn't have class. Oh well!

I've officially 'liked' their page and will be making a point to get involved with a local cash mob soon. Woo, local!


1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I signed up for their page too. That shop they are hitting today sounds pretty cool and will check it out in the future.

    ReplyDelete