Monday, June 11, 2012

Casa Group - Twitter 101

A few members of the Casa group met with staff at the organization to teach them Twitter. The women were hesitant about creating twitter accounts. I heard statements ranging from "I don't see the value" to "I don't need more social media in my life." I stressed to the women that it only had to take up as much time as they wanted to devote to it and they may even like it! I also spoke with the volunteer coordinator about creating a page that will encourage communication with college students.

On a personal note- when "teaching" people about Twitter, I realized I am very good at the technical side of using the site, but I need to work on creating professional content. My own twitter account is more personal. I write about anything from work annoyances to my love life. Twitter 101 was a wake-up call to me that creating (interesting) professional content is a lot harder than blabbing on about myself. I appreciate that I have learned this now and can work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment