Monday, June 11, 2012

Kickstarter Success Story

This past weekend (June 9th) I attended the Northern Spark Festival. If you have not heard about it, it is an annual, citywide outdoor art festival that takes place from 10pm-6am. My friends and I rode our bikes to the St. Anthony Main area near downtown Minneapolis to partake in the festivities. The art that stood out the most to me were the projections on the side of buildings. One of these projections was filmed under the ice in a lake. The video was eerie but amazing.

I found out that the man who created this video used a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for the equipment needed to project the film he had made. To learn more about how his successful campaign, visit Under Ice.

3 comments:

  1. Great post, I also am a big fan of outdoor artwork. I assume you've seen those sidewalk paintings that occasionally show up on yahoo. One of my fav things about Venice Beach in L.A. is all of the grafitti. What a cool way to allow artistic expression without destruction of public property.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its interesting to see street art turn into something bigger than just young kids spray painting on peoples garages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Never heard of that festival before. I wish I knew that, I would have attended...

    ReplyDelete