Sunday, June 10, 2012

When Should You Tweet?

I like to think that I am pretty active when it comes to Twitter or Facebook. I post on a semi-regular basis, but I never stopped to think about the actual timing of my posts. Miranda Miller over at searchenginewatch.com wrote about a study that bit.ly put out in a blog post showing the right and wrong times to tweet, like, and post about anything and everything to maximize effect. “By understanding the simple characteristics of each social network, you can publish your content at exactly the right time for it to reach the maximum number of people,” says bit.ly.

In the article, it pretty much sums up that working hours are a great time to post, specifically in the middle of the day and week - specifically between 1pm and 4pm. Oddly enough, that happens to coincide with the end of the lunch hour, doesn't it? I think I'll have to remember that the next time I want to push a show or or get a point across...


1 comment: