Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer classes: Are they for you?

This is the first summer I have ever taken classes in my life. I thought it would be no big deal but I quickly realized that taking 8 credits this summer means I have to sacrifice my usual summer routine (of relaxing and partying. Haha).

Please do not take this post as just me wanting to whine. I will be graduating this spring because of these summer classes and I am grateful for that. I just wish I had more insight on what it takes to make it (successfully) through summer classes. After six weeks I have come up with these tips:

1) Make sure to schedule any summer vacations around important due dates (or be prepared to do class work on your vacation).

2) Summers nights and weekends fill up quickly, so make sure to schedule time with yourself to get assignments completed.

3) Work on assignments outside! I often sit in my backyard and work on homework. This way I feel like I am still enjoying the summer sun.

Do you guys have any tips?

2 comments:

  1. Here's my tip: don't take a summer class unless you are fully prepared to work your tail off since a lot of classes are compressed.

    ReplyDelete