Sunday, May 5, 2013

Becoming Active (Again)




 Photo credit livestrong.com 

People generally like to set resolutions for themselves around the New Year. I however, set my goals and reflect on the past year around my birthday, which is in April. As I was reflecting on 2012, I’ve realized that it was a really tough year for me. So I am going to make the best out of this year. 

In 2012, I have settled down, got too comfortable and put on more than a few pounds. Putting on this extra weight has caused me to be less active, and being less active caused me to be unhappy. So this year my goal is to lose some weight and be active again. 

Before I got too comfortable with my lifestyle, I use to work out all the time and getting to the gym was no big deal, in fact it was the highlight of my day. The knowledge that I gained from those years stuck with me and I still use the techniques I learned then today. 

When I am in need of a new workout, motivation or meal ideas there are two sites that I always go to. The first one is Dailyhiit. Dailyhiit gives me ideas on new workouts. Their workouts are designed so that individuals can do the workout at home. However, working out at home doesn't work for me. So what I do is I study the workout and execute it once I am at the gym. Dailyhiit has videos that are well made and engages the audience. 

The other site that I use is Livestrong. This site is a “destination for those who want to build their own healthy living success story”. I use this site for motivation; there are such motivating words at this site. Further, there is a sense of community as well; everyone at this site has the same goal of wanting to live a happy healthy life and they're more than willing to share their ideas and advice.
Livestrong also has a recipes section, where they have healthy recipes that will not undo your workout. 

With these two sites, I have been successful in my goals, I’ve started to live again and have become more active. These two sites focuses on living a healthy life and shows you how you can accomplish living a healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment