Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hawaii, A Great Place to Visit

Arriving in Hawaii

Ever since I can remember I had always wanted to visit Hawaii.  The reasons are many and include things like seeing Peal Harbor, SCUBA Diving in the coral reefs, hiking through the jungle, and yes trying to surf.  In 2009 my wife and I took a trip to Honolulu, HI with some friends of ours.  We stayed at the Marriott Waikiki Beach, which had spectacular views of Waikiki Beach and Hawaiian coast line.  When we first arrived and got off the plane were greeted not with lays but with the warm open air concept of the Honolulu International Airport.  After a short drive to our hotel and having a brief taxi tour of Waikiki Beach I knew I was in heaven.  



Pearl Harbor

Visiting Pearl Harbor has always been on my bucket list.  I am a huge History/Military buff and to be able to see all of what that memorial had to offer was a dream come true.  When we arrived at Pearl Harbor it had just finished raining and I caught a picture of a rainbow out stretching the hallowed grounds.  

After you get to see the USS Arizona Memorial the bus takes you to tour the USS Missouri.  The USS Missouri and her crew where a very important factor in changing the tide of the pacific front of WWII.

SCUBA

I have been SCUBA certified since I have been 14 years of age.  I have dove many places to include most of the Virgin Islands, Mexico, Belize, and the Persian Gulf.  SCUBA is one of my great passions, so to have the ability and opportunity to SCUBA in Hawaii was quite wonderful.  Hawaii has some really amazing dive sights throughout the coastline.  On the bottom of the sea you can see , ships, airplanes, beautiful coral features and of course many species of sea life.  

Hiking

Another great thing that Hawaii has to offer is its Jungle!  We hiked through the Maunawili Falls park for one of the days in our trip.  We got to see some of the best looking jungles in the entire world as well as some pretty amazing wild life and landscape scenery I have ever scene.  There is a part of the hike where you are almost at the top of the moutnain and you can see almost all the way around the island, that was really beautiful.  
At the end of the hike is a waterfall/pond that you can rest or swim in after a long three hour hike up the mountain.

Ending

As you can see Hawaii has so many things it can offer for a vacation destination.  I would recommend that everyone put visiting Hawaii on their bucket list.  You will get so much enjoyment taking in the sun, culture, and wildlife.  Also Hawaii has some pretty amazing people watching if you like to do that.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment