Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fun Post: Freedom Riders

Everyone has a tradition in their life, especially if they grew up somewhere fun like I did.  I grew up in a very small farm town called Mountain Lake, MN.  There wasn't a whole lot to do expect for the normal things sports, camping, lake activities, farm work, drinking a fun beverage, and attending the biggest event of the year " Freedom Riders". I bet your all wondering what this awesome event entails.


These are some of the members today
Well let me give you a little history on how this all started, there were three guys that loved to ride motorcycle and were all buddies in my home town, so they decided to start this club just a freelance club where people from the area got together and rode motorcycles.  Well it grew bigger and bigger with more riders every year, as it grew they needed to have a way to bring in money to support their future club. So they decided to have a biker rally every year to gain money to go on rides and put on future parties every year.  They have fun events the whole weekend, like a burn out pit for crazy people to flatten their tire, great burgers and taco in the bag, bands all weekend, place for people to camp, and a poker run for all the bikers.  Thirty-four years later it still continues and I have gone every year since I was twenty-one.

 
 
I have had many memories attending this event over the years, have met a lot of good people, always get to see the people I never get to see and have a fun time riding.  There's one more fun thing about this is the fact I will be able to pass the riding tradition down to my son.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 









1 comment: