Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Favorite (Movie) Theatre in Minnesota






My family didn't have much money growing up but when we did, we would go to a movie (discount theatre, of course).  So now that I'm older, I like to indulge in candy, popcorn, and 3D at the movies .  I guess you can call me a movie snob. Recently, I was lucky enough to attend a film at the Icon Showplace Movie Theater at The West End in Saint Louis Park and let's just say I've never been to such a high-class theater.    My seats were in the V.I.P. area (21 years and older only in the V.I.P. areas) which gave me exclusive access to the bar and grill where I could order anything from bacon popcorn to a mojito and bring it into the movie.  I've been to theatre's that offer a similar V.I.P. experience, but none like ShowPlace! 

The food in the V.I.P lounge is terrific, there are many fancy choices (stuffed olives and aged cheese, love!) for food drinks.  If you prefer old-fashion popcorn and a large soda, the regular concessions are available as well on the main floor.  The V.I.P.  seats  are leather and over sized with big arm rests, and the isles are wider so people can walk by you to their seats without you having to squeeze in or stand up awkwardly.The seats are also set in pairs, each pair sharing a little table, convenient for food or a purse. One thing I loved was the option to pay and pick my seat before arriving on the internet, making for a faster experience since your seats are reserved and you've already paid!   If planning ahead isn't your style, feel free to stop in and catch a movie as it's not necessary to reserve a seat ahead of time.  


  All the employees are so attentive and helpful, which made me feel as though the experience was definitely worth the price, even though the price won't break the bank anyway.   Service is great, food and drink are wonderful.  I've sat in the regular seats, and they are still nicer than regular theatre seats and you also have the advantage of picking your seats and buying your tickets on the internet as well (click here to checkout how to reserve your seats).  It's worth trying at least once in your life, especially if you like to be treat yourself and possibly a date!

No comments:

Post a Comment